Existence

It occurred to me that all existence is comprised of layers of power. And each layer will continue within the layer above it, until that higher layer has died.

Even I, a human being, contain cells that die and replenish, only because I am alive. Similarly, I only exist because the Earth still breaths. The Earth can only breathe because the Sun has not yet imploded upon itself. The Stars exist because our Galaxy hasn't pulled in upon itself yet. And the systems and Galaxies and so on all remain still because the whole Universe has not reached its peak, and returned to its massive point.

But the most interesting part about the way this existence is set up is that generations of a layer will always exist until the one above it has closed. What that means, is that we can expect to see the death of the World eventually, just as the Earth will see the death of the sun, the sun will see the death of the galaxy, and the galaxies will see the death of the universe.

This is entirely inevitable. For example, I will eventually die, along with millions of premature cells. Those unfortunate cells will have to witness the end of their existence, rather than a simple death. We will experience the loss of our existence when the world dies, and so forth.

The question is: When will the Earth die? How do we help it live? Well, you can try, but you must understand, that the Earth will die eventually. By all means, do what you can. We, like cells, are responsible for caring for the layer above us. But it should be known that there will be a time when the World will die. There are still other generations of the Earth to come, until the youngest life of Earth witnesses the death of the Sun.

There is a little comfort in that: Everything we know to exist will come to an end some point, but the infinite layers beyond our knowledge will continue to live and die, perpetually rising in the power of existence.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous30.5.10

    Interesting to think about... but what would you say is the higher power above the Universe? Just want your opinion.

    -A curious reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could tell you, but I'm not sure anyone knows (yet). But following the pattern, it should go on into the unknown infinity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking back through some of my posts. I noticed that comment I left in response sounded very pretentious and Carl Sagan-y. I actually meant it literally, "infinite" because I expect the layers go on forever, and "unknown" because nobody knows what those layers are.

    ReplyDelete